- We only accept payments via PayPal on all international orders.
- You can pay by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover) via PayPal even you don't have a PayPal account.
- A verified PayPal account or confirmed address by PayPal is required if the total value of an order exceeding US$200.
- Payments will only be processed in USD only during checkout.
- Other currencies (CAD, EUR, GBP, AUD, JPY & HKD) are only for reference purpose, the exact exchange rates will show in PayPal during checkout.
- We only accept payments via PayPal on all international orders with verified account or confirmed address.
- We reserve the right to cancel and refund orders if the payment account does not meet the above requirement.
Refund, Exchange & Order Cancellation
- All sales are final. No returns or exchanges except for incorrect items or sizes sent.
- Buyer is responsible for all shipping charges involved on returning items for size exchange.
- 10% value of the order (except shipping and handling fees) will be charged upon order cancellation.
- If you have a PayPal account, refund will be returned to your account immediately.
- If you do not have a PayPal account and made payment by credit card, refund will be return to your credit card account via Paypal. This may take up to 30 days to show up on your statement.
- If your payment is made by eCheck, refund will only be returned after the eCheck cleared.
How do I become PayPal Verified?
To Verify your PayPal U.S. account, you must confirm your bank account or be approved for the PayPal Plus Credit Card or PayPal Buyer Credit.
Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the Unverified link.
- To start the Verification process, choose the Verification method and click the corresponding button.
To become VERIFIED with a non-U.S. account, you must add a credit card and complete the Expanded Use process.
Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the Profile subtab.
- Click the Credit Cards link in the Financial Information column.
- Click Add.
- Fill out the Add Credit Card form.
- Click Add Credit Card.
- You have successfully added your credit card to your PayPal account.
- Follow PayPal’s instruction to complete the Expanded Use process.
How do I confirm my PayPal shipping address? (For U.S., U.K. and Canada Users only)
- Effective October 10, 2003, addresses provided by U.K. and Canadian buyers may notice a status of Confirmed on their PayPal accounts. A Confirmed Address is a PayPal member’s credit card billing address. Because not all credit card companies are currently able to confirm addresses, only some U.K. and Canadian addresses can be confirmed at this time.
- PayPal uses an Automated Verification System to verify credit card billing addresses that are entered in the system. An address is confirmed if it is associated with a credit card or can be independently verified by PayPal. Gift recipient addresses and addresses associated with a Switch/Maestro or Solo debit card cannot be confirmed. Currently, our system cannot verify most non-U.S. credit card billing addresses.
Here’s how you can confirm your shipping address:
- Add a credit card to your PayPal account. By adding a credit card to your account, PayPal can attempt to confirm your address with your credit card company. If the credit card company is not able to confirm your address, you may be asked to complete the Expanded Use enrollment process to activate your credit card. Your address can be confirmed after that process is complete. Note: Not all credit card companies are able to confirm addresses.
- Apply for PayPal Buyer Credit. If approved, the address on your application will be a confirmed address.
- Complete Alternate Address Confirmation. This process takes several days and is only available for U.S. accounts. To learn more, log in to your PayPal account and visit the Alternate Address Confirmation page.